Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Pray for the people in the paths of the hurricanes.


Even the winds and the waves obey Him.

Mark4:35-41
Matthew 8:23-27

I was just talking to a friend leaving Wilmington due to the hurricane. She has her husband, 4 kids and a few possessions, heading inland to family. Some of her family decided to stay behind to weather the storm.

I asked her how she was and she said she was very concerned. Many people aren’t sure if they will have a home to return to. Some may not make it through. I told her I had been praying for protection for everyone.

I told her I was also praying for the storm to turn and she said…’Even the winds and the waves obey Him.’

I, once again, was stopped in my tracks. This person leaving her home and her possessions behind quoted a verse about a storm. And I realized I needed to pray this very scripture: About a storm--that Jesus calmed--and amazed the disciples. (Matt 8:27) Why should we not do the same things the disciples did? Go to Jesus and ask.

This is the time to hit our knees and ask for help. God is big. He is great. I think we need to pray to a ‘Great God.’ Pray for protection for everyone. Pray for those staying and those going. Pray for their homes and possessions. Pray for Him to turn the storm, or calm it.

The winds and the waves obey His voice. 

I don’t know what the outcome will be, but I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in the God who created the universe. I believe in His Son that calmed the storm. So I am praying and I ask you to join me. I ask you to ask your friends and family to pray for all of those on the coasts. Pray for all those in the path of the hurricanes.

Father,
Your Son calmed the storm. Your word tells us that men, who are just like us, were in the very presence of Jesus during a terrible storm, they woke Him up asking Him to save them.
He then rebuked the winds and the waves – and calmed the storm.
The disciples stood there amazed.
God – amaze us. You calm the wind and the waves. Nature obeys Your voice. Your voice shakes the desert, it breaks the cedars as stated in psalm 29.
We come to You in agreement, God, asking You to calm the storm. God turn the storm, let it not even enter the coast. Turn it Father, protect our loved ones and our homes. Give us peace.
I believe You are the God of miracles; we need a miracle.
In Your name, and in Your Son’s name, the name of Jesus.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment