Thursday, September 10, 2009

There and Back Again

There and back again.

Matthew 19:28-29

Today, I found a priceless picture a dear friend of mine gave to me to. Why is this so special? Why find it today?

I happened to find it because I am unpacking. I’m unpacking from a move that just brought me back from a three year journey that I did not quite want to leave yet.

You see, the Lord called my husband and me to a special place - New York City - three years ago. It was a choice to leave everything we hold near and dear behind. We literally sold our house, car, and left for a place we knew nothing of. We had no friends there, no real connection - just a calling of God. And boy did he bless that calling.

He took years of life circumstances, weaknesses, ups, downs, disappointments and broken spirits, and gave us the journey of a lifetime. He brought healing to a heart that was devastated. He released us from chains of bondage such as legalism, closed-mindedness, and piousness. He introduced to people that have walked roads we never have or will walk. He showed us how to depend on Him alone for our every need. He gave us a love for an impossible city.. We did fall in love with that city.

Then, three years into that journey, He brought us back. We once again packed up all we had and headed back into the unknown, (Well, partially unknown - I did grow up here...) He brought back family and friends that had pained me so to leave. He is restoring relationships and righting hurts. But the entire reason for bringing us back has not yet been revealed. So now I wait again, for that revelation of God and this road yet to be traveled.

What will it hold? What will this new journey bestow? Well, the pages have been written - It’s up to me to figure out what’s on the page.

So my challenge to you is this….

Is God calling you to something beyond your comprehension? Something you’ve yearned for yet have a fear of doing. Or is there a restless spirit to start a Sunday School class, or Bible study, or join the choir? Perhaps He is calling you to move across town, across state, across country or even across the world.

I say Go. Embrace the Journey God has written for you. You will never be the same.

So what was that picture I found today? It is a picture my friend created for me as a going away to New York gift. There are street signs from New York. First of all, the signs alone just represent what God was saying to me in Psalm 25:4. “Show me the right path oh Lord, teach me the road to follow”

But then, also pictured below the street signs is this scripture.

Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal Life.” Matthew 19:28-29

Thank you Sandra - You will never know how God used this in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment