Saturday, July 4, 2015

A Time to Learn

“I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.” John 10:10. 

What a wild few months. Since the last blog was written… a lot has happened. I did write another blog, and it was lost in a computer crash – that took everything that was on my computer… I had 3 months of continual nauseousness… Which is something I have prayed for for years and here we are!

So how are you? What has God been doing with you? Take a moment to write down the work of God in your life.

I feel like I am back in teaching mode – but I also have to be in learning mode. God has answered one of my biggest lifelong prayers – a baby. You may never know why he chooses the time he does – but he has chosen this time. I am excited – and challenged. I now have new things to worry about. Do we ever stop worrying?
But God is using this time to work. I only have a few months before this baby comes – and I have a lot going on in my head – can anybody get what I’m saying? There are pressures mounting, bills mounting, baby items mounting – a lot mounting – therefore my stress is mounting. And in the middle of this, God comes to work.

What is holding me back from abundant life? I have prayed about that. Circumstances leave us wondering where God is, and He is wondering – why are you living like you are living? In defeat – under pressure, and depressed. I have one of the greatest blessings I could imagine coming to me – and I can’t enjoy it because I let life and people beat me down. I have people in my life that want to control me. I have people that want to hurl insults (in a joking way…) every time they see me. I have people ignoring me – and I let it get in my head.

The word of God says “I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.” John 10:10. When I went to look up this scripture reference – I saw the first part of this verse.

‘The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy.’  There are two parts of this verse – and hence – there is a battle. I want to live life abundantly – but I am choosing to listen to the first part of the verse. I have let people rob my dignity – due to their insecurity. Instead of ignoring them, and praying for them – I let it get in my head – make me miserable, and then ask God – where are you? Do any of you do this? I am choosing to listen to and believe the thief – not the creator. And it has cost me much. I have lost joy, satisfaction, identity, courage, confidence. 

I listened to an amazing simulcast that talked about being a blessed woman of God – because of belief. I started thinking - Who do I believe? Who do you believe? It hit me that it is easier for us as women to cave to insecurities, to words, to fears. It’s time to realign our Faith. My prayer is that you would also hear what the Father is saying to you – and to live for Him. Believe Him. You are a woman of God. He chose you. He created you. Why should you let anyone steal that from you? Woe to that theif when God arrives. And – while I’m on this – let us not be women that would try to steal from others. You are here for a purpose that God has ordained – and you are to carry out your purpose. Let others carry out their purpose. We have no need to be jealous. You are unique. Special – a child of God. Live like it – Believe like it. You are an heir to the throne when you take that step to align yourself with Christ. The one true son of God. Your belief in Jesus as God’s son – opens the door to your abundant life in Him. Your life God created for you- to live out a destiny full of adventure, joy and satisfaction. It’s time to regain our trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Ohy word!!! This is so timely for me. You don't even know!!! We are pregnant with our 2nd!!! It's early---9.5 weeks but we are so excited... Didn't mean to wait so long between kids--to put it short.. Life happened (jobs, health, broken vertebrae). But here we are and we feel it was meant to be for such a time as this. Love you girl! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps....i'M Stephanie Shelton brown

    ReplyDelete