Friday, October 24, 2014

A bout with fear.
Psalm 56:3 'What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.'

Do you ever get paralyzed by the unknown? You hear something, think something, dream something, and boom. You think the worst. Your heart stops and you’re in a panic.

What does the Lord say?
Psalm 34. 'I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the lord. Let all who are helpless take heart.
Come let us tell of God’s greatness let us exalt his name together.
I prayed to the Lord and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy. No shadow of shame will darken their faces.
In my desperation I prayed and the Lord listened, he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.'

The enemy wants to stop you in your tracks. He is the father of lies. The Lord wants us to be confident. I believe the antidote to all of this is to stay humble and walk with Him. 'The name of the Lord is strong tower, the righteous run into it – and they are safe.' (Proverbs 18:10)

So – an attack comes, what do you do?
            1. Go to the creator, cry out to Him for help.
2. Recall all the scripture He has given you. Some of my favorites are the Psalms… 34, 37, 20, 21, 4 & 5.
3. Ask Him to free you from the worry. His word is full of scripture about worry – and why we shouldn't.
4. Praise Him for taking you out of your misery, for protecting you, and for sending people along your way to encourage and uplift you.

He has you. He is protecting you. So who are you going to believe? God of grace and love, or lies of the enemy. The choice is yours. How long do you want to stay miserable?
Here are the scriptures He has given me in various anxiety battles. Learn them and keep them close to your heart.

Matthew 7:7 –'Ask and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened unto you. For he who asks, receives. He who seeks finds, and he who knocks, the door will be opened unto him.'

List of Psalms:
34, 37, 20, 21, 4, 5, 91, 46


I had to write out the entirety of Psalm 91 –
Psalm 91 (NLT)
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
    nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
    though ten thousand are dying around you,
    these evils will not touch you.
Just open your eyes,
    and see how the wicked are punished.
If you make the Lord your refuge,
    if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
    no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
    to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
    so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
    you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
    and give them my salvation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment