Thursday, April 30, 2020

Prayer for the Church


What would God do if he had one heart sold out to him?
What would God do if he had 5? We saw what he did with 12. What would God do if we fell on our knees humbly and ask him to come revive us.
What would he do?
Do we know?
Do we want to know?
I do. I do. I have been praying so many things in my heart for years. Years. He has certainly taught me praying through and praying it out. So, I have prayed for something to happen since before I met Joe. And I think it is now. I believe ‘it’ is upon us. What is ‘it’? Well, I’m not sure the extent of everything ‘it’ is, but in my heart of hearts I have wanted to matter. I have wanted the words I say be words that lead others straight to the Father. I have wanted hearts to yield and turn to him. I have wanted to see what would happen with hearts that are free of chains and strongholds and insecurities and fears – and just allowed to run free.
I want that for you! God has had me praying about throwing off not only the sin that easily entangles – we all have those – but also throwing off the weights that hinder. One big weight is ‘what if.’ What if they don’t like me. What if they make fun of me? What if they stop being my friend? What if they are offended?
There comes a time when the will of the Lord exceeds the ‘what ifs’. What if we are about to enter the ‘end times’? What if Jesus is coming back soon? I’ve been thinking about the term living like you were dying. What if it was our last few days? Years? I know living with a deadly disease is something I do not and cannot comprehend – and this is not what I’m talking about. I am saying if we knew Jesus was coming back soon –we are healthy, full of the gifts he gave us and his holy spirit… what would we do?
I keep thinking – take a many as we can with us. Yes, there are things I would love to do – a bucket list. But I am telling you – where I stand, if he is fulling a promise he has given me for over 20 years…then I believe that promise will be worth more than anything distracting me at this time. I want revelation from God. I want to make a difference. I want lives to be transformed and I want people to find Jesus.
I am one person. I am praying. I am talking to people. I am encouraging and pouring out my heart about this.
I am pretty sure ‘this’ or ‘it’ is revival. We stand at the door of something unprecedented. We are coming out of a global catastrophe no one expected. We are seeing hints of what it could be like after the saints are taken home, and before the great tribulation. We are the ones that have a hope in this pandemic. It’s Jesus. But what about those that don’t? What about those that will be left behind?
So this is what I am wondering. What if all of this was for nothing? Did we just have a global crisis for nothing? I can not believe that. I will not believe it. What do we do with those that do not know Jesus.
IT IS UP TO US. We have the message, we have the good news. This is up to the body of Christ. So what do we do now? Billy Graham is already home.
We get on our knees and pray. God has put a revival formula in his word. He is waiting on us. Jesus told the disciples that the harvest is ripe, but the workers are few. Don’t you want to be a worker. Don’t you want to be the ones that make a revival history?
I do. I want to make history. I want to stand before my Lord as a person that took what she was given and I want to multiply it. I want to tell others. I want them to join me. And I want to harvest. I want to take them with me. When get to heaven, all these things that seem so important will wash away. We will be standing at the feet of the One. The great I Am – the Lamb of God.
Who is with me?
Who will join me in this prayer?
God. Forgive me. Forgive me distractions and living a comfortable life with out really including you in it. Forgive me for letting others be my source of you and not seeking you for myself. Forgive me for putting everything else in front of you – until I need something. God forgive me for ______________________
God. I seek your face. I seek your heart. I seek your hands to go and your understanding. I seek boldness to do what you have called me to do. I seek You. And God, I seek revival. Your word tells me I can boldly approach the throne of Grace. Your word also says that where two or more are gathered, you are there among their midst.
God we may not be standing side by side, but we are standing united asking you to forgive our people and heal our land.
With a penitent heart, we are turning from the idols of distraction and laziness and turning to you and your mission.
I believe you for this. I believe you are seeking many, many hearts turned back to you in repentance.
And when we do God – we can stand firm as one body – praying for the souls that need to come join our body. You said you so loved the world, so that is who we are praying for. We are praying for our friends, our family, our neighbors, our towns, our cities, our regions, our states, our countries, God – our world. Lord, bring them to you and lead us to them. We are the hands and feet, but you don’t need us. We are grateful that you would consider using us. Will you use us?
God will you do something big in our time? In our generation? And let it begin with me.
And who knows, maybe we have been created for ‘such a time as this?’ I don’t want to let you down.
Now to you who are able to do immeasurably more that we ask or think – hope or imagine,
We collectively pray for revival. And let it begin with us.
In your son’s name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment