Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Now.

Have you ever come to the moment where the thing you've been wanting is almost there? That answer to the prayer you have prayed for years - It’s at your fingertips and the only thing holding you back is you?
I had a friend speak truth to me. She said… “God wants you to do this, and I think you are running from it.’
Wow – a lifelong dream – and I am standing in my own way.

The Lord is giving me confirmation through His word - and I bet He is for you too. I love 2 Corinthians 6:2. In this verse, Paul is reminding us about what God had previously done in the time of favor and is saying ‘now’ is the time of favor again. 

2 Corinthians 6:2 (NLT) For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Knowing this is the right time gives us confidence to move into what God is doing.  But if you need an extra little push - like my friend gave me - read this verse in 'the message ' translation.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (MSG) Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Don’t put it off; don’t frustrate God’s work by showing up late...

Wow - what better way to put it then saying ‘don't put it off.’  God is moving now and we can choose to jump on board or watch the train go by.

I have recently been reading an incredible book about choices in life. Without trying to restate the book- just know that the lead girl is watching a group of brave people travel around - they travel by train- jumping off at their stop and jumping on when leaving; however, the train never stops. They have to run up to speed of the train and then jump on or off while it's moving.

I kind of see this as how we participate in God’s work. It's moving fast and when the time comes for us to join - we must run alongside and jump on. It does require a sense of fearlessness and courage. And sometimes - no looking back.

The question becomes - what do you want to do? Jump on a moving train to the land God is placing before you? Or, do you sit and watch it go by until you are comfortable with jumping on? (Which I don’t know if we’ll ever be comfortable with that…)
I say jump.
What have you go to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment